Ask us a question.
We recommend placing the Homalomena Selby in a spot that receives moderate indirect light. We like a place a few feet back from an east-facing window. Keep this plant out of the line of direct sunlight as this will burn the foliage.
We recommend watering the Homalomena Selby when the top layer to an inch of the soil is about dry to the touch. This plant does not like to dry out between waterings. It will show browning tips on the leaves when it is not watered enough. Too much water will result in yellowing foliage that will eventually drop and in extreme cases, it will lead to root rot.
The Selby is a plant that deserves a bit of attention. It is a compact grower and will need to be fertilized monthly during the growing season. We recommend diluting the fertilizer by about half the suggested amount. Rotating this plant monthly will provide equal consistent growth throughout. Wiping the leaves down monthly with neem oil is a good way to keep the foliage clean and the pests away.
- Alocasia Bisma Notched and Blotched
- Hoya Australis 'Lisa' Hanging Basket
- Hoya Eskimo 'Super Silver' Hanging Basket
- Hoya Parasitica 'Black Margin' Hanging Basket
- Philodendron Imperial Red
- Ficus Elastica Ruby
- Syngonium White Butterfly
- Epipremnum Pinnatum
- Monstera Pinnatipartita
- Maranta Green
- Alocasia Venusta Notched and Blotched
- Schismatiglottis Motleyana
- Syngonium Pixie White ‘Mini’
- Philodendron Calkins Gold Notched and Blotched
- Philodendron Millions
- Philodendron SP