Ask us a question.
We like to grow this plant in moderate to bright indirect light. An east or south facing window would be great. We would not allow for this plant to have any direct sunlight hit the foliage as this will easily burn it. Lower light light conditions will not allow this plant to perform at it s finest.
This plant performs best when watered consistently. Water it when the top two inches of soil are about dry to the touch. It will not respond well if left in sitting water and also if allowed to have the soil dry out too much.
Alocasias grow from an underground stem called a rhizome, which is similar to a bulb. If the plant were to lose its leaves, it can regrow from the rhizome. Alocasia Dragon Scale will appreciate higher levels of humidity provided by misting or a humidifier. We recommend fertilizing this plant every month during spring and summer with a diluted general houseplant fertilizer. Propagation is done by separating offsets from the rhizome.
- Hoya Tsangii
- Alocasia Bisma Notched and Blotched
- Philodendron Shangri-La
- Hoya Australis 'Lisa' Hanging Basket
- Hoya Eskimo 'Super Silver' Hanging Basket
- Hoya Parasitica 'Black Margin' Hanging Basket
- Monstera Lechleriana
- Philodendron Imperial Red
- Ficus Elastica Ruby
- Philodendron Quelelii
- Syngonium White Butterfly
- Epipremnum Pinnatum
- Philodendron Jungle Fever Green
- Monstera Pinnatipartita
- Maranta Green
- Alocasia Venusta Notched and Blotched