Ask us a question.
We like to grow this plant in moderate to bright indirect light. An east or south facing window would be great. We would not allow for this plant to have any direct sunlight hit the foliage as this will easily burn it. Lower light conditions will not allow this plant to perform at its finest.
This plant performs best when watered consistently. Water it when the top two inches of soil are about dry to the touch. It will not respond well if left in sitting water and also if allowed to have the soil dry out too much.
Alocasias grow from an underground stem called a rhizome, which is similar to a bulb. If the plant were to lose its leaves, it can regrow from the rhizome. Alocasia 'Quilted Dreams' will appreciate higher levels of humidity provided by misting or a humidifier. We recommend fertilizing this plant every month during spring and summer with a diluted general houseplant fertilizer. Propagation is done by separating offsets from the rhizome.
- Alocasia Bisma Notched and Blotched
- Hoya Australis 'Lisa' Hanging Basket
- Hoya Eskimo 'Super Silver' Hanging Basket
- Hoya Parasitica 'Black Margin' Hanging Basket
- Philodendron Imperial Red
- Ficus Elastica Ruby
- Syngonium White Butterfly
- Epipremnum Pinnatum
- Monstera Pinnatipartita
- Maranta Green
- Alocasia Venusta Notched and Blotched
- Schismatiglottis Motleyana
- Syngonium Pixie White ‘Mini’
- Philodendron Calkins Gold Notched and Blotched
- Philodendron Millions
- Philodendron SP