Ask us a question.
Anthurium Veitchii prefers moderate indirect light. We recommend keeping this plant out of bright direct sun. Bright direct sun will burn the foliage over time.
This Anthurium should be allowed to dry out somewhat between waterings. It may be watered after the top two inches of soil are dry to the touch. As an epiphyte, this plant is very sensitive to overwatering and we would recommend erring on the side of under-watering. Wilted leaves may be a sign of underwatering, and yellowing leaves may be a sign of overwatering.
Anthurium Veitchii is an epiphytic plant, meaning that in nature it grows on the branches of trees rather than in the ground. The roots of epiphytes typically need very well-draining soil to prevent root rot. Anthurium Veitchii prefers high humidity and will benefit from a humidifier or extra misting - it will grow in average household humidity but low humidity should be avoided. This plant should be fertilized monthly through the spring and summer with a diluted general houseplant fertilizer.
- Alocasia Bisma Notched and Blotched
- Hoya Australis 'Lisa' Hanging Basket
- Hoya Eskimo 'Super Silver' Hanging Basket
- Hoya Parasitica 'Black Margin' Hanging Basket
- Philodendron Imperial Red
- Ficus Elastica Ruby
- Syngonium White Butterfly
- Epipremnum Pinnatum
- Monstera Pinnatipartita
- Maranta Green
- Alocasia Venusta Notched and Blotched
- Schismatiglottis Motleyana
- Syngonium Pixie White ‘Mini’
- Philodendron Calkins Gold Notched and Blotched
- Philodendron Millions
- Philodendron SP